Thursday, February 23, 2006

working feverishly

mentally crossing of each day of class with a big red X

i have been working hard
my idea for the cable company identity is something sort of handmade
so i have been cross stitching and making pop up cards and such
which is actually really fun
and gets me away from the computer
which is a pleasant change of pace
i have been pretty crafty in general
josh helped me make a magnetic "mood board"
out of a hunk of metal, and i finished the edges with gaffers tape
















and yesterday i made a handbag out of clear duct tape
which is really quite fabulous
not to mention that i have been learning how to weave
on a little 4x4 handheld loom
i even made myself a scarf

these are the little distractions that i have been using
to help me step away from the computer
which really seems to be helping my design process
i need to step away every once and awhile
so i don't get completely burnt out
it helps to totally take my mind off of it
so that when i come back to it i can actually SEE

tomorrow i have to "present" my degree project to 2 guest critics
i feel pretty comfortable about it
but it does make me a little anxious

after next week it is spring break
a whole lovely week off
which we are planning to kick off by going to jersey and stay in a b&b
and spend the weekend combing the flea market
the mini getaway will be to celebrate josh's birthday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home